Beach Party Surf Monkey Extras
P.T. & Gloria's "Fact or Fiction Quiz: Movie Edition" Answers!
1. FACT! Ronald Reagan did monkey around with Bonzo the monkey in the 1951 movie Bedtime for Bonzo, thirty years before taking office as U.S. president.
2. FICTION! The famous musical is called West Side Story! West Side Story is based on some play called Romeo and Juliet by some dude named William Shakespeare. Apparently, he's kind of a big deal.
3. FACT! All three of these movies filmed some scenes in the great state of Florida!
4. FICTION! The first movie theater in the United States was called the Nickelodeon, but it cost only a nickel to go, not a dime! So if you thought this one was fact, you need to get some cents!
5. FACT! At the time this book was printed, the most expensive movie ever made was Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides, in which Johnny Depp starred as the swaggering pirate Captain Jack Sparrow! It cost $410.6 million to make. Talk about snagging some serious pirate booty!
6. FICTION! Movies with sound were called talkies, as in walkie. Over and out.
7. FACT! Back in the day, movie theaters wanted to be as fancy as Broadway theaters. So the theater operators didn't want to serve popcorn, since they thought it would dirty the carpets.
8. FICTION! Fred appeared in Chitty Chitty Bang Bang, not Hamilton. He played one of the dogs in the "Toot Sweets" number.
9. FICTION . . . FOR NOW! The Swedish film Ambiancé will be released in 2020, and it is 720 hours (thirty days) long. Since this movie hasn't been released yet, technically this is fiction. Gotcha!
10. FICTION! Keiko the whale earned $36 million for starring in the movie Free Willy, not Free Billy!
11. FACT! Disney's got dis! Walt Disney won twenty-two Oscars, more than any other individual in history.
Beach Party, Surf Monkey Illustrations
Subscribe to the Newsletter
Sign up to receive occasional newsletters from Chris with all the latest news.
Note: this is a private list—your email address will not be shared, and you can always easily unsubscribe at any point.